Full Resource Name:
Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants in Louisiana
Provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve or modernize their homes or grants to elderly very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards.
How may funds be used?
* Loans may be used to repair, improve or modernize homes or remove health and safety hazards
* Grants must be used to remove health and safety hazards
How much money can I get?
* Maximum loan is $20,000
* Maximum grant is $7,500
* Loans and grants can be combined for up to $27,500 in assistance
What are the terms of the loan or grant?
* Loans can be repaid over 20 years
* Loan interest rate is fixed at 1%
* Full title service is required for loans of $7,500 or more
* Grants have a lifetime limit of $7,500
* Grants must be repaid if the property is sold in less than 3 years
* If applicants can repay part, but not all of the costs, applicants may be offered a loan and grant combination
August 2016 flooding
Home Renovation Programs
Conventional Home Improvement Loans
Conventional Home Rehabilitation Loans
Deferred Home Improvement Loans
Deferred Home Rehabilitation Loans
Forgivable Home Improvement Loans
Forgivable Home Rehabilitation Loans
Home Improvement Loans
Home Renovation Loans
House Improvement Loans
House Renovation Loans
Major Home Repair Loans
Major House Repair Loans
Mobile Home Improvement Loans